Monday, August 27, 2012

Anatomy of a Chinese Sandwich

A delicious Chinese bakery sandwich, remade in my kitchen! I found that this kind of triangular, crustless sandwich originated from England, but now adapted to the Oriental audience. I used to get these packaged from my local Beijing bakery during summers when I would visit my grandparents. This sandwich is super nutritious and filling! You can literally package them in plastic wrap and take it anywhere for on the go.
You can, of course, substitute whatever you prefer instead of the eggs, cheese, and bologna in my sandwich. If you really want to get legitimate Chinese flavor, try adding pork floss (肉鬆), which is a delicious dried pork product. It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)