Sunday, August 19, 2012

Featured: 10 Beauty Gurus to Check Out

Most of these ladies are some I have long subscribed to over on Youtube, coupled with a few blogs I found fascinating (and inspirational) so I had to share! I realise that some don't necessarily consider themselves "gurus" but I decided it was a succinct title to capture the essence of this post.
Photos below belong to their respected owners. ^^

1. Lindy Tsang/Bubzbeauty
I don't think I need to introduce her, most of you fashion bloggers would know Bubbi. If I had a big sister like her, my life would be amazing. Yes, Bubbi does do makeup, hair, and has her clothing line - but my personal favorite are her advice videos.
Favorites: Being Confident, Secrets of Truly Happy People, What Your Acne is Telling You, 6 Quick Summer Hairstyles
Check out Bubzbeauty.

2. C'erine Chen/cerinebabyyish
Hands down, C'erine is my go-to for new hairdos to try out. Her video tutorials are so easy to follow because she puts in effort to narrate all the steps. If you are looking for intricate updos, there's even more reason to check her videos, google her Braided Seashell Side Bun and you'll see why I think she's awesome. C'erine has a beauty blog along her video channel, so you can check that out too.
Favorites: Love Rain (Yoona's Hairstyle), Double Layered Waterfall braid, Queen Bee Cascading Waterfall Updo.
Check out cerinebabyyish.





3. Jenn Im/ClothesEncounters
In the process of googling pictures of her to put on this page, I realized Jenn from ClothesEncounters simply couldn't look bad on photos. So I stopped searching because there was too many good photos of her to choose. On top of that, if you watch her videos, she's one of the chillest (is that a word?)girls ever. Jenn focuses on fashion posts regularly and OOTDS, sometimes more personal stuff like room tours and 'whats in my bag' tags. Not only is she effortlessly gorgeous, she seems to make even the usual cliche beauty videos awesome. I love that Jenn refuses to let anyone else's fashion opinions change her style; it is uniquely hers.
Favorites: July Favorites 2012, Winter Outfits for School, What's In My Bag
Check out ClothesEncounters.


4. Jessica /HapaTime
Jessica from HapaTime is downright stunning and sophisticated. Honestly, every time I look at her outfits, I feel inspired to work on my non-existent abs and hit the gym. Not to mention, her coordinated styles are gorgeous! That goes without saying. Oh yeah, and she got me into those floral blazers you see on the picture to the left.
Favorite posts: Amber Avenue, There are Secrets in this Life
Check out HapaTime.



5. Angie/Pandaphilia
Granted, I don't know much yet about Angie from Pandaphilia since I haven't followed her blog very long in comparison to everyone else on this list. But she is so well-written! Angie's 'about' section automatically connected with me, sounded like something I would like to say about myself but can never put into the right words for. Plus she went to Beijing and did a fashion post on location! Which automatically bumps her points up in my book.
Favorites: Beijing StreetStyle (of course), Asian Dramas: Worth the Addiction?
Check out Pandaphilia.

6. Jackie Chu/MsJackieChu
I confess that part of the reason I subscribed to her a year ago because she is beautiful and has forever perfect hair. But more than that, I love her health and diet advices. I'm not surprised to find that her most-watched videos are about her diet/fitness, they're really worth checking out. Also Jackie dishes out a lot of pretty great philosophy on eating healthy and is totally frank with beauty topics which is refreshing.
Favorites: Diet Healthy FAQ (highly recommended watch), Sticking to Your Diet and Weight Loss Goals, Shrinking Big Pores & Greasy Flat Hair
Check out MsJackieChu on Youtube, Blog.


7. Izzy/Metallic Paws
I thought it was fitting to pick this photo because of two reasons: Izzy from Metallic Paws has continuously wowed me with breathtaking shots of her outfits, also her fashion always impresses. Though I haven't followed her blog for very long, I love that she sometimes veers off fashion into Taobao purchases, or fashion sketches.
Favorites: Taobao hauls, Exercise Regime, Summer Skater (outfit!!)
Check out Metallic Paws.



8. Amelia Jin/CanYouPassTheGlitter
This girl is so young, and yet has such a perfect figure and taste for fashion! I'm utterly wowed ever time one of Amelia's outfits of the day shows up on my blogger reader. Either those clothes really look that amazing, or she's just a great model. Or both. You can really tell she is going to go places. Definitely will be looking forward to more outfit inspirations from this lovely fellow blogger.
Favorites: (picture left): Prim and Proper...and too many OOTDs to count!
Check out CanYouPassTheGlitter.





9. Ami (I think..)/Ochikeron
She's not really a beauty guru, but since I love her recipes, I wanted to feature her in this list. Plus her Japanese food recipes can make one healthy and beautiful! Inside and out. Ochikeron is by far one of my favorite online resource for delicious desert recipes. Her steps and video demonstration are crystal clear to follow!
Favorites: Green Tea icecream, Nutella Mille Cake, Fruit Roll Cake, Omurice. Check out Ochikeron.

10. Angel/Beautifymeeh
Angel is such a bubbly and fun girl and she posts Korean beauty tutorials on Youtube! I'm pretty sure she's only been around the web for at most two years but she's already garnered about 98,000 subscribers. She's from Dallas which pretty much make us homies since I grew up close to there (haha i'd like to think so, but I'm not cool enough xD). I also love love all her "hubby makes korean food" videos because I love food and I find it sweet when guys would take the time to cook for their wives.
Favorites: Hubby Does My Makeup, SNSD Hoot Inspired Makeup. Check out Beautifymeeh.


who are some beauty bloggers/youtubers that make your top 10 list?  

6 comments:

  1. i am so flattered to be included on this list, ning ning! haha i'm very happy my "about" page resonated with someone ... i feel like i'm talking in riddles every time i speak. have a wonderful week and remember that you made someone's day very bright! glad to be your newest supporter and follower on your blog journey!

    pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm extremely honored to have you as a new follower, Angie!! No you always express yourself so clearly in my opinion. Very eloquent and always entertaining :)
      I'm elated that I made your day! Thanks again so much for the support.
      Keep making amazing blog posts, I wish you the best in med school!!

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR FEATURING ME!!! Count me as your new follower! Haha omygod, I LOVE YOUR ARTICLE!!! I'm pretty sure the clothes make me look good! Yes, I do read all of my comments and I am extremely honored to have you as a long-time follower! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS FEATURE!!! XOXO

    P.S. All of the other girls are amazing and gorgeous!!!

    http://canyoupasstheglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to feature you! Ahah I'm so excited to have you follow my blog. I will definitely have lots more tutorials and whatnots on my blog, so please look forward to that. I love how professional and gorgeous your ootd pictures are, I don't think I've missed a single post from you ever since I subscribed. Your clothing style is def up my alley. So keep up the wonderful work.

      Delete
  3. thanks so much Ning Ning for featuring me here :) I'm really surprised to be here, as I am definitely not a beauty guru and I'm amidst all these other really inspirational and gorgeous ladies! I'm really honoured haha. btw just wondering if you could include my blog link next to my picture, not sure why mine is the only one without it haha. that would be much appreciated! :) keep up all the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...fixed it!
      Thanks for the catch, didn't mean to at all.
      The pleasure's all mine, and thank YOU for the follow and supporting me on my blog!
      Your fashion ootds are continuously so beautiful it's crazy, so I'm positive you're going to go far.

      Delete

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)