Saturday, August 11, 2012

How to Fake Short Hair When You Have Long Hair

You've probably seen loads of Youtube hair tutorials on how to fake a bob with long hair, but this one is for the girls who want to fake the short hair, but don't like the bobcut look.

Inspired by Yina from Chinese drama "Fashionable Female Editor"
Left is untucked and messy, Right is the random layers of hair tucked underneath with pins

If you have long, layered hair, this volumious updo is for you! Hope you enjoy.
Step by Step sketches below to teach you how to fake shorter hair.





  

7 comments:

  1. Hahah, what an awesome tutorial! I really like your illustration. :)
    Ah, I wish my hair were long enough to do this...but I guess that kinda defeats the purpose. XD

    ♥ x i x i a | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad! Thank youuu.
      Well I have long hair so I'd have to do this process to achieve this short(er) haired look, but you are free to adjust it to your hairstyle! If you have shoulder length hair, you can just put your hair into a high ponytail and tease the bottom layers. :)

      UnderratedGems Style on Twitter

      Delete
  2. i am so gonna try this out!
    love you<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay awesome! This is such an easy hairstyle once you know how to french braid :)

      UnderratedGems Style on Twitter
      Follow me on my new twitter if you have an hair tutorials requests or questions on anything :)

      Delete
  3. aw so cute! my trick is that my hair is pretty short haha :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)