Sunday, February 19, 2012

L'Oreal Color Riche Lip Balms Review

Though I'm not much of a beauty products fanatic - anything beyond the basic eyeliners and lip goodies are beyond my awareness - recently I've been loving lip balms over lip glosses, lip stains, and of course lipsticks. LIP BALMS are awesome because they are so hydrating and minimalist - both qualities which I aim for in lip care. My lips are forever dry and cracked, so obtaining good lip products is a must for me. Currently my all-time holy grails are: L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, and the new addition, L'oreal Color Riche Balm.


(left picture) Caring Coral & Rose Elixir

Admittedly, initially I picked these Color Riche lippies at my drugstore because of two reasons: cute packaging and they were on sale (buy one get one 50%). Plus I figured since the lip balms I'm dependent on currently have been Fresh Sugar lip treatments, which were both sample sizes, I'd just get full-sized portions of some other balms to stash in my school bag.

Love: hydrating, juice for the lips, translucent lip shine, slightly tinted, sturdy tube, light candy scent
Meh: pigmentation not comparable to Revlon's lip butters, does not last so you'd have to reapply a lot


I got Caring Coral because I love peachy lip colors in general, but found it awesome despite that the color didn't really translate to my lips, but it IS a sheer color, which is flattering. However I was not looking for a huge color payoff; my priority was a lip balm that could quench my lips and give a (your-lips-but-better) healthy look at the same time. If this is also what you're looking for, then definitely give it a try! You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)