Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dear Half-Asian,

His bleached hair was like a madness
But now his chocolate fluffy hair can be my mattress
How intense his gaze is
What his pillowy lips makes me feel

Why his laugh is so contagious
Like the honey aroma from Castella in the oven
Just sitting and chatting next to him is just like haven

I once said my ideal man would be tall and lean
Like taecyeon, jang geun suk, or zhu zi xiao
And like my 5th grade crush, he'd be a girl-magnet
Loyal,funny, active
He possesses these qualities and beyond

Remembering the Mean Girls math class
Except I am truly terrible at math
Wishing for that overdue pack of gummy bears
Saving the tree doodle he made on my folder

Is it too late?
He's back-hugging some other girl
Do I feel regret?
Someone scored a dance with him
Could I have been more inactive?
He's made two fb officials

He's playing with me
It's a game I do not get
Sending mixed messages
His melting grins and genuine playfulness
His aloof and immaturity
Dating one, then not, then again
What's a girl to do with da boy

He's got into my dream school
the sweatshirt of those feisty colors
that winked at me in the hallways
with his unlikely entourage
he could be like Zhi Shu
and I could be like Xiang Qin
but I don't want XQ's naivety
but I don't have her admirable persistence

If we're not meant for each other
should I still try?
Or just let it be?
What's a girl to do with da boy


*I was debating whether it'll take form as a rap or a sentimental poem. I was taking a stab at poetry, so this is the product of what I came up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)