Saturday, July 28, 2012

Healthy Snackage

During my 60 day le body challenge, sometimes I still can't help but snack on delicious foods in between meals. So here's some good snack options that are low-cal, healthy, but still tasty!

1. Garden Veggie chips - BEST ALTERNATIVE TO REGULAR CHIPS

Photo source: Google images
When I go to my local wholesale store, I always get a huge box of this stuff. The chips taste even better than regular ol' chips, but a lot healthier. Not only does the whole bag have 0 grams trans fat, the chips are naturally flavored. Garden Veggie Chips are sold for ~$10 / 8 bags at CostCo.

2. XinJiang's Dried Grapes (raisins) - MOST HEALTHY & NUTRITIOUS

Photo source: XiaoMaYi.com
A handful of these are extremely delish for snacking. The flavor is slightly tart with the perfect sweetness. Honestly I'd definitely pick these over the typical American brand sickly-sweet raisins. Except... I'd have to go to China to pick up a bag of these goodies. Next time I go, I will stock up! But in the meantime, you can still get this greatness via the power of online shopping. Buy for only 8 yuan (which is just 1 USD) at XiaoMaYi (online supermarket).

3. Pretz biscuit sticks - DIET-FRIENDLY



Photo source from mymikhaela's blog
















Pretz.... oh where do I start? The variety of flavors range from pizza to salad to tomato, so you get to pick whatever flavors suit your fancy. My personal favorite is Salad Pretz... I couldn't get enough of the salty goodness. Although this is probably not the healthiest choice, every stick is so low-cal that you won't risk getting fat from consuming these. You can find Pretz snacks at any local Asian supermarket for about $2-3.





14 comments:

  1. That's so funny cos I'm eating Pretz right now LOL!
    I don't know if those vegie chips as the same ones we have here, but if so they are amazing!!!! Way better than regular chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what a coincidence. I love that stuff :)
      Definitely should try out some veggie chips! Idk if they have this brand in Melbourne, but probably similar stuff for sure. Speaking of which, I'd love to go to Australia sometime after college.

      Thanks for the commment and visit back sooon :D

      Delete
  2. lovely post hun, they are so cute, thanks for your comment, following you now!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ Thank you for the follow!! Look out for new posts and let me know what you would like to see more :)

      Delete
  3. hi dear, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment on my Bali post :)
    yeah i saw some korean variety shows and they go to bali for shoots. you should go there someday..really pretty :)
    keep in touch, dear..
    oh, let me know if u want to follow each other ;)

    love
    agnes

    www.singledoorsecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no problem! I didn't think you'd see my comment since your post got so many already, I'm so flattered that you took to time to respond :D

      Yes, I'd love to follow each other! I just clicked follow on yours ~

      Delete
  4. Oh I did check your site out, it's pretty awesome, very cute! Any story behind the cool blog title? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked your blog out, it's very nice!
    thank you for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love garden chips! they're the best...but have you tried the veggie stick chips? they are awesome too haha

    and gotta love pretz...the vegetable ones rock

    thanks for checking us out :)

    xx,
    thecoattaileffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veggie stick?? No I haven't, but that sounds similar to veggie straws, which I have eaten and those are yummmay :)

      Yeah, no prob! You girls always have amazing fashion styles so I'll be coming back in no time to check those out.

      Delete
  7. So relieveing to hear these! I am now hungry:)
    By the way, I would like to see more of the hair do post with step by step photos.I browsed in your blog and it's inspiring.

    Thanks for your sweet sweet sweet comment. I'm following. Hope you follow me too..would be very thankful and let's inspire each other, ok:)

    Nataya
    Naty Ponders Style
    Chachamisu Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed! and thank you for the wonderful comment :)
      Oh cool, I will have a new hair tut up today! Check it out if you'd like. I'd love to do more of those since hairdos are my favorite posts to do.

      Delete
  8. OMG I actually found those veggie chips yesterday, I never knew they existed before reading your blog! I'll definitely replace those with normal chips. Those raisins look sooo delicious!
    The diet/fitness part of your blog is so awesome too because I'm really into finding healthy foods, esp ones that taste good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you found those chips!! And I'm glad you liked my diet and fitness posts, I'll have more soon, so keep an eye out for those! Also feel free to leave suggestions for new posts (ie. fashion/hair/fitness)

      Delete

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)