Friday, September 7, 2012

Throughout the Years: First Day of High School

To look back at four years ago when I began high school, I scoured my old journals laying around my room and found some of my early thoughts. Thought it might be fun to share with whoever is interested!



"Even now, I still tell people I'm in my last year of elementary, lol. High school always seemed so far away and so unfamilar to me."- journal entry

Actually my first morning was something like this: I ran late the first day. Thanks, most trusted middle school friend. Since I was visiting my grandparents in Beijing, I had missed orientation during summer. So there I was standing in front of
my HS' attendance office, getting my first tardy slip. Only having been to this labyrinth of a school building, navigating the halls confused the crap out of me. After a billion light years, I knocked awkwardly at the door of my homeroom, too afraid to step in. After doing introductions I scanned around for a familiar face among the faces underneath unwelcoming flourescent lights.

It's so silly now, but that time, my freshman year, three things were on my priority list:
[x] running one mile every wednesday for physical education class (I hated this)
[x] to have my crush/current boy I found hot to miraculously be my table partner
[x] School Dances i.e. wanted to get asked for homecoming dance

Okay that's it, I just wanted this to be a little peek at my high school years, mostly concentrated on 9th grade. Hopefully if you are entering or about to enter high school, this has been somewhat helpful and entertaining...
Share your high school memories! Or if you just started high school, what are your thoughts and things you look forward to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)