Thursday, September 13, 2012

Acne Face Maps

I get a lot of acne, at the worst was between ages 12 and 15. That's why Bubbi's self-help video "What Your Acne Tells You" is a favorite of mine to replay whenever I need a bit of insight to where I'm eating/doing wrong. Now that I'm past my puberty years, I still get the occasional bad breakout. Here's what those breakouts mean:
Photo Credits [NoMoreDirtyLooks]
If you are looking to clear up your skin, scroll down and see which of these sources of acne apply to you!

This past week, I've gotten spots on my forehead, some on both cheeks, one behind my ear, and the worst acne on my chin. Historically, my nose, between eyebrows area, and above my lips are the most vulnerable to blemishes, so I had to find out why my chin and forehead of all places are getting spots.



Forehead:

Break outs can usually mean a build up of toxins in the digestive system & bladder. Up your intake of water to flush out the toxins and improve your diet or take a closer look to see if there are foods that you have a tolerance to. Eliminate processed foods and refined sugars where possible.

Eyes, orbital area & the space above your nose:

Redness, flakiness, oiliness (inbetween the brows), itchy eyes here is related to your liver and possible allergies. Cut back on the booze, heavy, fatty or rich foods (are you eating out a lot?) and also dairy. Saturated fats are difficult for the liver to proces, so go easy on the grease... Whilst refined sugars will convert into fats and cholesterol if the liver processes too much!

Fresh orange or even lemon juice are great for invigorating the liver & also great for cleansing both your body & liver.


Under the eyes & ears:

Notice any dark circles under your eyes? It's not just a lack of sleep that's an issue, you're most likely dehydrated. The area under your eyes & your ears, if they appear redder/hotter than normal are related to your kidneys so keep hydrated and reduce your intake of alcohol, moderate your intake of caffeine, avoid too much salt in your diet and if you must, do a detox.

I always notice how some of my friends who have a low tolerance of alcohol (or are allergic to alcohol) react to drinking when I see their ears & cheeks go red! It's always the first place to colour.

Nose:

Apparently redness, broken capillaries & puffiness are related to any underlying heart or blood problems. (Or you may simply have a cold & have been blowing your nose too much!)

Cheeks:

This area is related to the lungs and respiratory system. Irritation from pollution, smoking or passive smoking will cause broken capillaries, puffiness, inflammation or minor breakouts here.

Mouth area:

Any congestion here shows underlying problems with your stomach and digestive system - up your intake of fibre and try to eat clean - include lots of fruit, veggies!

Chin area:

I don't know if this applies to everyone, but breakouts here are usually very common for many women. Hormonal imbalances & even stress are the main causes. I normally just take Omega 3 vitamins & switch it up with Vitamin E with Evening Primrose Oil. Research shows that Vitamin E is actually better for PMS. (via Livestrong)[MyBigFatGreekMove]

Okay that is it! Hope this post helps some of you girls (and boys) out there :) It definitely made me more aware of what I have probably been doing wrong out of habit.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. This really help. I was always wondering why I would break out only in one certain area. But now I know why. I really love your blog. It's very inspirational :D

    And I love Bubz too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)