Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fashion Inspiration - Tang Dynasty Style


What gets me watching Ancient Chinese dramas sometimes is just the aesthetics of dynasty fashion. I think Tang dynasty wear, in particular is so gorgeous! From the delicate sheer jackets (or shawl, whichever you call it) to the contrasted feminine colors, sometimes I find myself staring at the garments instead of the show. Also these clothing styles could be easily adapted to modern fashion - note the strapless dress, cloaks, and loose blouses or chiffon skirts. Let us not forget the colorful Qing dynasty and elegant Han dynasty styles are just as fascinating and should be featured in an upcoming post ;)
 If only the popular dynasty clothing styles were adapted to today's generation of OL and young people... I'll make that happen! I'd really like to design some nice pieces inspired by Tang/Han dynasty clothing and bring the glamourous Chinese ancient fashion back to the present! Maybe a year from now, you'll see a ton of these so-called 'ancient costumes' up for grabs on my website for sale! Just like Chinese Qipao, I want my clothing to be everyday wear instead of something limited to cosplay and special holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)