Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Guzheng and other musical instruments

I've long envied those who own and can play the Guzheng, a Chinese zither. When I was little, classic TV series like Huan Zhu Ge Ge and Wulong Prince both featured guzheng-playing prominently in their story. When one strums the guzheng, one always makes a beautiful posture. Furthermore, the humming noise played at the end of a song is so unique - a perfect balance between a string instrument like violin and a piano. This facilitated my admiration for these traditional Chinese musical instruments.
Here's some really pretty guzheng music:
(insert song of popular TV drama "Eloquent Ji Xiao Lan")
(using an IPAD guzheng app to play theme song of "Mei Ren Tian Xia")


I'd love to take classes if I get my hands on one. Meanwhile, I found this amazing website GuQu which houses a large collection of free sheet music for popular guzheng songs. I hope some of you who play Guzheng or any traditional instruments find this useful! I might join you once I get that darned guzheng. SoundofAsia which is a traditional Asian instrument seller located in the United States sells their cheapest guzheng for $300 +. Ahhh so pricy...

2 comments:

  1. haha that looks fun!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to watch classic chinese movies when i was a little kid too, they were attractive to me! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome~ If business inquires, please direct them to my email (in About section)